Child Contact Arrangements

Our team put the welfare of the child at the centre of every case, ensuring that any action is in their best interests

Child Contact Arrangement Solicitors Romford and Dagenham

In cases where a parent or grandparent is prevented from seeing a child by another party, it may be necessary to seek legal assistance to get some form of contact re-instated without engaging in a full child arrangements case. Milner Elledge have over 30 years experience in child and family law and have a strong track record in successfully securing contact with children for parents and grandparents.


While any natural instinct may be to seek court action to gain contact, the courts take a different view. Before hearing any child contact applications, they want to be satisfied that all steps possible have been taken to attempt to reach a mutual agreement about child contact. Therefore, the first step in seeking contact will often be through negotiation with the other party involved. In some cases, this can be highly successful as the addition of legal representation allows a more objective approach to be taken and some of the emotion and tension to be removed from the situation. If you would like the help of a professional child contact solicitors, contact our team today

Court Action

Where negotiation has been unsuccessful in reaching an agreement about child contact, then court action will be necessary. The court in hearing the application will instruct a report by CAFCASS, who will look at the possible options for contact and their suitability and make recommendations to the court. In addition, the court will hear from those involved and will have to consider a number of factors. These factors include;

  • The best interests of the child;
  • How the contact arrangements will meet the child’s welfare needs
  • The effect of any contact arrangement on the child’s educational needs
  • The risk of harm or neglect to the child through the proposed contact arrangements.

Upon hearing the application, the court will make a decision as to how contact should be put in place. This will be done through a Child Arrangement Order. These orders normally last until the child attains adulthood but they can be discharged or varied to suit any change in circumstances


At Milner Elledge, we offer a fully transparent fee structure with the possibility of paying as you go or in some cases obtaining a fixed fee quote. Our team are happy to discuss the possible financial options from the outset of your case.

Contact our Specialist Child Contact solicitors in Romford and Dagenham

With over 30 years’ experience representing parents and grandparents in the South East, there is no team better placed to help you than Milner Elledge. Our team put the child’s needs and interests at the centre of all we do and will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome in your circumstances. Contact our solicitors today on 01708 763463 for our Romford office or 020 8984 0940 for our Dagenham office.

Get in touch today

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your last name.
Please enter a valid phone number
Please let us know your email address.
Area of Interest Invalid Input
Please let us know your message.
Please tick the box to confirm.
Invalid Input